79 Water Street
Practice 01267 233 100
Monday to Thursday
8.20am – 5.00pm
8.20am – 4.00pm
Registered patients can now use the online patient portal to sign important forms and update personal details
Here are just some of the changes @ NJS Dental since 2015.
- Newly refurbished reception area including custom built reception desk with protective screens
- 3 newly refurbished surgeries with air conditioning, tvs, intra oral cameras and state of the art equipment
- All surgeries equipped with Woodpecker “Virus Killer” Air purifier machines
- Digital 3d scanner and milling machine enabling us to make make crowns and veneers in one visit avoiding the need for impressions and temporary restorations
- New digital radiographic equipment
- All notes now digital
- Invisible teeth straightening (Invisalign) now available @NJS Dental
- Enlighten – guaranteed whiter teeth treatments now available
- Now sending text and email appointment reminders
- New online patient portal to update details, fill out medical history forms, consent forms and sign treatment plans saving time at reception.
Leave a review on Google and receive a free gift 🙂
Welcome to NJS Dental
Established in 1999, our private clinic is located in the centre of Carmarthen.
Our focus is on prevention and our goal is to help you achieve and maintain healthy teeth and gums.
Our highly skilled professionals will always discuss treatment options and costs in detail and we will try our best to put you at ease and be as gentle as possible.
We have a hygienist available who will help to prevent dental decay and gum disease by cleaning your teeth on a regular basis and providing education about how to care effectively for your teeth and gums, and the affects of diet on oral health.
We operate an out of hours emergency service for our registered dental patients.
We have a spacious waiting room with tea/coffee available. All three surgeries have air conditioning and accessible for wheelchair users.
Temporary Changes due to the Current Pandemic
We still have to follow guidance form the Chief Dental Officer of Wales and Health Inspectorate of Wales as we de-escalate from the COVID 19 outbreak.
- Please do not turn up without an appointment
- Please attend alone where possible and avoid bringing non essential items as we may have to ask you to leave these at reception in a safe container
- We have invested heavily in all the necessary personal protective equipment and each surgery now has “virus killer” air purification machines
- We will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions.
- We have a hand sanitiser that we will ask you to use when you enter the practice.
- You will be provided with a mask to wear in the reception and in the surgery. Please bring your own if possible. We can provide masks for £0.50
- We will need to check and record your temperature before entering the surgery.
- We no longer offer magazines, children toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- We have protective shielding screens at reception.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
- You will notice that our staff will look very different to normal as we will now be wearing an increased amount of personal protective equipment to keep both yourselves and us safe.
How it benefits you as a patient
Denplan Excel certification programme is an additional mark of quality available to Denplan member dentists, and is tailored to support and encourage practices to reach their full potential as providers of excellent customer care. To join Denplan Excel, a practice must demonstrate continued commitment to quality improvement.
Practices must also pledge to use the most appropriate procedures and dental knowledge to ensure patients are receiving the highest standards of care from start to finish, and encourage patients to be involved in any decision making stages. Denplan Excel members can also access DEPPA, an online tool your dentist can use at your check-up that helps you and your dentist examine your current oral health status and identify any future risks.
- We are proud to be a Denplan Excel certified practice
- It is a visible sign of our commitment to offering you the highest level of care
- The Denplan Excel certification programme provides a simple and effective way for patients to understand all aspects of their oral health
Our team of experienced dentists, hygienist and nurses are eager to help.
Principal Dentist at NJS Dental Nick graduated from Bart’s and the London Dental School in 2010. He completed his vocational training in West Wales and has worked in Private practice since.
Nick is a very skilled, gentle and caring Dentist who loves to keep up to speed with the latest advances in Dentistry.
He is a Denplan Excel Dentist and a member of the British Dental Association. He is a certified Invisalign provider and an experienced CEREC user.
Nick is also currently working towards his post graduate diploma in Aesthetic and Restorative Dentisrty.
He welcomes new patients to the practice and is proud to
say that many of our patients come to us by personal recommendation
Outside of work Nick is a keen marathon runner and Ironman triathlete. Most of all he enjoys spending time with his wife and two young daughters.
GDC : 250924
BDS (HONS) Liverpool
Adam studied at the University of Liverpool and qualified in 2014. Adam is orginally from Carmarthenshire and is a fluent Welsh speaker.
Adam enjoys Cosmetic Dentistry particularly Teeth Whitening and Facial Aesthetic treatments such as Botox and Dermal filers.
He is due to finish a Post Graduate Course on Cosmetic Dentistry and Aesthetic Restorative Dentistry.
Diploma in Dental Hygiene University of Bristol 2020
Pauline has many years experience as a Dental Nurse. She joined the practice in 2011 and has several years experience in nursing, reception and administration.
She is able to discuss Denplan and finance options for costly treatments.
We understand that it can be difficult to meet dental costs, so we try to help our patients in any way we can. When you begin treatment at NJS Dental, we will make sure that:
- You will have a clear estimate of costs before treatment.
- You can have 0% Finance (subject to status) to help spread the cost of comprehensive treatment plans.
|NEW PATIENT EXAM||£60|
|NEW PATIENT EMERGENCY
|CHECK UP (registered patient)||£45|
|EMERGENCY SLOT (registered patient)||£65|
|SCALE AND POLISH (with hygienist)||from £60 ( 30 mins)|
|ROOT CANAL TREATMENT||£250-£400|
|BRIDGES||from £400 per unit|
|IMPLANTS||Referral to Implantologist for estimate required|
|INVISALIGN GO includes teeth whitening||from £2000|
|Children under 18 years of age||50% off|
Denplan Care is a really easy way to spread the cost of your routine treatment into affordable monthly payments, reducing the chance of receiving unexpected dental bills.
You may join Denplan Care only once you are Dentally stable.
|BAND A||£20.96 per month|
|BAND B 1||£25.00 per month|
|BAND B 2||£27.88 per month|
|BAND C||£32.99 per month|
|BAND D||£40.89 per month|
|BAND E||£44.97 per month|
5% discount for each family member that signs onto denplan
Additional fees Denplan Care
Most treatment is covered on Denplan care unless a 3rd party is involved such as lab fees or referral to a specialist.
This will be discussed with you.
|Crowns / Bridges per unit||£180|
|Repairs to Dentures||From £40|
|Lab to add tooth to denture||From £40|
|Orthodontic retainers||From £60|
|Teeth Grinding / Clenching appliance||£100-200 depending on appliance|
|Sports mouthguards||From £60 depending on design|
Cosmetic treatments and Implants are not available on Denplan
Denplan for Children
Denplan for Children is a simple way of keeping up the great habit of regular visits to the dentist for your child, without you worrying about unexpected bills.
If both parents are on Denplan we will see children free of charge up to the age of 6.
|DENPLAN Care for Children (6-12)||£5.00 per month|
|DENPLAN Care for Children (12-18)||£11.98 per month|
Denplan Essentials helps you spread the cost of your regular preventive dental care and encourages you to keep your teeth in great condition to avoid any surprises.
You do not have to be Dentally Stable before signing up to Denplan Essentials
Denplan Essentials – £13.50 per month
- 1 x Dental exam including 2 small xrays
- 2 x Scale & Polish with the dentist
- 1 x Emergency appointment (Excluding treatment costs)
- 20 % off treatment fees
- Denplan Supplementary Insurance
Transferring from another practice
If you are transferring your existing Denplan from another practice you will need to ask your dentist to fill out a leaving form and email us any recent radiographs. There may be a charge for any necessary work outstanding. You must be dentally stable before you join Denplan Care.
Denplan Supplementary Insurance
All Denplan plans include the supplementary insurance which includes
- Temporary emergency dental treatment in the UK or overseas
- Worldwide dental emergency and dental injury cover
- Hospital cash benefit
- Out of hours consultation for dental emergency or dental injury
- Mouth cancer cover (cover not immediate)
- Access to Denplan’s 24 hour Worldwide Dental Emergency Helpline
Happy New Year from all the staff at NJS Dental!
We are not affected further by the new restrictions.
If you have an appointment booked then we shall be expecting you.
We understand however if you would like to postpone and we would advise this to patients who have been advised to shield but we would appreciate it if you contact us to inform us of your intentions.
Information on how it affects us as a practice.
- Reduced capacity to see our patients but we are still trying our best to see emergencies, treatment and routine
- We have to wear enhanced PPE including gowns and FFP3 masks when performing aerosol generating procedures.
- We have to book longer appointments to allow time for any aerosol produced to settle before performing a deep clean of the surgeries between patients.
- We have air purifiers in each surgery that clean the air and we are looking at installing a new ventilation system to increase the air changes.
It has been very challenging for us all and dental staff remain at high risk of contracting the virus but we will do our best to see our patients promptly in a safe and clean environment.
Please contact us if you require any further information. We look forward to seeing you in 2021!
The practice is closed for routine appointments until Monday January 4th.
Please contact 07413391432 if you require emergency treatment.
We wish all our patients a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Despite Wales going into lockdown again we would like to inform you that dental appointments will continue as normal. However, if you do need to rearrange please contact reception.
We have been working hard dealing with urgent appointments and working through a small backlog but we are also taking bookings for routine appointments so please contact us if you require an appointment.
We have received communication from the Health Inspectorate Wales that the RED alert status for dentistry will be downgraded to AMBER from today.
We will be ready to start booking appointments from July 1st. Appointments will be available by telephone only 01267233100
Dentistry in Wales is currently operating under RED alert status as confirmed by the Chief Dental Office for Wales at the end of March 2020.
Under Red alert status aerosol generating procedures can only be provided in the urgent dental centres that have been established across Wales. These restrictions have been necessary to protect dental teams, patients and communities in Wales in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
On the 22nd May 2020 the CDO published a de-escalation plan which included the re-introduction of treatments requiring aerosol generating procedures during the AMBER phase. It’s important to recognise that any decision to move to the AMBER phase will be taken in conjunction with the Welsh Government’s easement of lockdown restrictions with the next review due on 19 June 2020.
Delaying some dental care has been possible for a few months but dentists and their patients recognise it cannot be postponed indefinitely or oral health will deteriorate. COVID-19 has and will continue to affect the practice of both NHS and private dentistry for some months to come.
However, many dental practices want to introduce more treatments in their own practices in the coming months and the Chief Dental Officer is currently drawing up Standard Operating Processes (SOP) that will provide us with practical advice for a safe practice setting and clearly set out the expected standards we will need to comply with. A key part of this will clearly be the supply of PPE and changes to processes and procedures to implement the necessary social distancing and enhanced cleaning regimes.
We are still here to help! We have been working hard dealing with emergencies and preparing the practice ready for a safe but phased return to routine dentistry.
For advice please telephone 01267233100 or use to messenger in the contact us section of the website.
We now have to try and avoid most face to face contact. If you require an emergency appointment please phone 07413391432. We may have to prescribe medicines remotely and advise you on how to best manage your dental problem at home until normal services resume. There will be designated clinics available to treat genuine emergencies. The dentist will triage over the phone and if necessary a referral will be made.
It is very important to maintain good oral hygiene!
Brush 2-3 times daily with a fluoride toothpaste and do not rinse the toothpaste after brushing because the fluoride needs to protect your teeth.
Avoid frequent snacking now that you will inevitably be spending a lot of time in the house! Particularly avoid fizzy pop and other sugary drinks. For those who have large restorations (fillings, crowns , bridges) stick to a soft diet as much as possible to reduce the risk of fractures or them coming out.
Sensitive toothpastes can help most causes of sensitivity. You can rub these pastes directly onto sensitive teeth.
It is very hard to predict when we are likely to resume normal service at this moment in time.
Please check our facebook page for further updates/advice.
It is important to stay at home to reduce the burden on our NHS whilst they try to deal with this pandemic.
Once again we would like to thank you for your understanding and we are here to help!
We will now be operating a closed door policy. Please do not turn up at the surgery unannounced.
All non urgent / routine appointments will have to be moved forward.
We we will remain open throughout this period for emergencies. If you need an emergency appointment or need to amend future appointments please phone 01267233100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will reply promptly.
In light of advice received today from the local health board we feel it is appropriate to provide an update to our patients on some of the measures we will now be taking in relation to the current COVID-19/Coronavirus pandemic.
We are basing our recommendations on advice received from the local health board, however, it is worth noting that this advice might change as more information is released.
It has been advised that high risk patients should be identified, and any treatment / appointments be delayed wherever possible.
High risk groups we are identifying at present are the over 70’s and those people who are immunocompromised or have complex medical histories.
We have also been advised that we should be avoiding any treatment that generates an aerosol. An aerosol is the air/water that is generated during procedures like ultrasonic scale and polishes and most filling and root canal procedures. The only instance where we can consider treatment that would generate an aerosol would be in more serious dental emergencies.
As such, we will be contacting patients who we deem high risk as per the health board guidelines, in addition to patients who have up-coming non urgent appointments and requesting that we delay any booked appointments until we receive advice suggesting that these appointments should continue.
We hope our patients understand that we are doing all we can to maximise patient safety and we will provide updates as often as we can.
We are a Data Controller under the terms of the Data Protection Act 2017 and the requirements of the EU General Data Protection Regulation. Please find a copy of our Privacy notice by clicking of the link below. This notice explains what Personal Data the practice hold, why we hold and process it, who we might share it with, and your rights under the Law.
We are inspected and regulated by
HEALTH INSPECTORATE WALES and the
Registered in Wales. NJS DENTAL is a trading name of Red Kite Dental Care Limited.
Registered office : 1 Spilman Street, Carmarthen, Wales, SA31 1LE (09510213)
DATE WEBSITE LAST UPDATED 28.12.2020