79 Water Street
Practice 01267 233 100
Emergency 07831 140 981
Monday to Thursday
8.20am – 5.00pm
8.20am – 4.00pm
Welcome to NJS Dental
Established in 1999, our private clinic is located in the centre of Carmarthen. Nicholas Sheehan took over as principal in 2015 after working as an associate since 2011.
Our focus is on prevention and our goal is to help you achieve and maintain healthy teeth and gums.
We cover all aspects of general dentistry and in addition offer a wide range of cosmetic services including teeth whitening, invisible teeth straightening procedures, veneers, composite bonding and we have a CEREC machine on site which can produce strong and highly aesthetic restorations in a single visit.
Our highly skilled professionals will always discuss treatment options and costs in detail and we will try our best to put you at ease and be as gentle as possible.
We have a full time hygienist available who will help to prevent dental decay and gum disease by cleaning your teeth on a regular basis and providing education about how to care effectively for your teeth and gums, and the affects of diet on oral health.
We operate an out of hours emergency service for our registered dental patients.
We have a spacious waiting room with tea/coffee available. All three surgeries have air conditioning and accessible for wheelchair users. Our new childrens waiting room is also very popular!
How it benefits you as a patient
Denplan Excel certification programme is an additional mark of quality available to Denplan member dentists, and is tailored to support and encourage practices to reach their full potential as providers of excellent customer care. To join Denplan Excel, a practice must demonstrate continued commitment to quality improvement.
Practices must also pledge to use the most appropriate procedures and dental knowledge to ensure patients are receiving the highest standards of care from start to finish, and encourage patients to be involved in any decision making stages. Denplan Excel members can also access DEPPA, an online tool your dentist can use at your check-up that helps you and your dentist examine your current oral health status and identify any future risks.
- Nick is proud to be a Denplan Excel certified dentist
- It is a visible sign of our commitment to offering you the highest level of care
- The Denplan Excel certification programme provides a simple and effective way for patients to understand all aspects of their oral health
- It provides you and us with assurance that we are meeting or exceeding statutory requirements and are able to measure and monitor the oral health of our patients via the Oral Health Score © or Denplan Excel PreViser Patient Assessment (DEPPA) so that you are completely involved in your dental care and treatment.
Our team of experienced dentists, hygienist and nurses are eager to help.
Principal Dentist at NJS Dental Nick graduated from Bart’s and the London Dental School in 2010. He completed his vocational training in West Wales and has worked in general practice since. He is a member of the British Dental Association and certifed user of the Invisalign, Inman Aligner and Quick Straight Teeth systems. Nick is also an experienced Cerec user.
Nick is a keen triathlete and has now completed 5 Ironman events raising money for various charities each year.
Most of all he enjoys spending time with his wife and two young daughters.
GDC : 250924
BDS (HONS) Liverpool
Adam studied at the University of Liverpool and qualified in 2014. Adam is orginally from Carmarthenshire and is a fluent Welsh speaker.
Adam enjoys Cosmetic Dentistry particularly Teeth Whitening and Facial Aesthetic treatments such as Botox and Dermal filers.
He is due to finish a Post Graduate Course on Cosmetic Dentistry and Aesthetic Restorative Dentistry.
Dip. Dental Hygiene (Cardiff)
Having previously worked as a dental nurse for many years, Laura decided to further her career as a dental hygienist in 2017. She is thrilled to have been able to return to her hometown of Carmarthen to continue her career.
Pauline has many years experience as a Dental Nurse. She joined the practice in 2011 and has several years experience in nursing, reception and administration.
She is able to discuss Denplan and finance options for costly treatments.
We cover a wide range of treatments at NJS Dental. Our main dental services are :-
- Family Dentistry
- Preventative Care
- Full time Dental Hygienist available
- Dental Fillings (Tooth Coloured & Mercury free where possible)
- Dental Inlays, Onlays, Veneers, Crowns and Bridges using the best most aesthetic materials for each case.
- Invisalign Go
- CEREC Restorations ( 3D Scanning and in house milling of crowns/veneers/inlays/onlays )
- Dentures (Including cobalt chrome dentures, flexible and acrylic dentures)
- Affordable, Professional Safe Teeth Whitening !
We understand that it can be difficult to meet dental costs, so we try to help our patients in any way we can. When you begin treatment at NJS Dental, we make sure that :-
- You will have a clear estimate of costs before treatment.
- You can have 0% Finance (subject to status) to help spread the cost of comprehensive treatment plans.
- Once dentally fit, you can join our pay monthly DenPlan scheme.
- We are a Data Controller under the terms of the Data Protection Act 2017 and the requirements of the EU General Data Protection Regulation. Please find a copy of our Privacy notice by clicking of the link below. This notice explains what Personal Data the practice hold, why we hold and process it, who we might share it with, and your rights under the Law.
- We are inspected and regulated by Health Inspectorate Wales
Text message appointment reminders can be sent on request. Please register your interest with the receptionist.